Problem solving is in our nature
Finland has the unique skills and heritage in problem solving. For decades, technological innovations have been developed in demanding conditions with understanding of nature and science. We have successfully solved environmental challenges which has made us global leaders in energy efficiency, water management and bioenergy.
Cleantech Finland is a network of top cleantech experts. These experts work in different industries for a multitude of companies which have one feature in common. From start-ups to global leaders, they see opportunities in every problem, believing the best cleantech solutions are still out there. And they will be developed together.
Cleantech Finland links Finnish cleantech expertise to global demand. Through SOLVED SERVICE Cleantech Finland can help you find the best cleantech solutions to match your need, wherever you are.
Let’s solve the world’s greatest problems!
Watch and learn how to use SOLVED!
Greatest problems. Best solutions. | www.solved.fi from Cleantech Finland on Vimeo.
Cleantech market now and in the future
- The Finnish cleantech turnover is about EUR 20,1 billion (2011).
- Finland has about 2 000 cleantech companies of which the 100 most notable ones generate over 95 per cent of the field’s net sales.
- The field employs about 50 000 people in Finland.
- In Finland, the cleantech sector’s annual growth was 10,6 per cent from 2010 to 2011.
- At the moment, the annual growth estimate of the sector is 8,9 per cent in 2012.
- Germany is Finland’s most important market area while India, China and Russia are on the rise.
- The global cleantech market is worth about EUR 1.6 trillion, and the annual growth estimate is 7 per cent.
Finland among other cleantech countries
- Finland’s share of the world GDP is about 0.4 %. The Finnish cleantech business is worth about EUR 15–20 billion, which is the equivalent of 1 % of the global cleantech market. The Finnish cleantech sector is therefore 2.5 times bigger in volume when compared to the national economy’s global share.
- Finland is a leading expert in certain cleantech areas: for example, energy, material and water efficiency, bioenergy, biofuels, as well as combined electricity and heat production.
- Relative to the population, Finland is the world’s leading researcher in the energy and environment field. Over 40 per cent of the Finnish public R&D funding goes to the energy and environment sector.
- Over 1/3 of the Finnish public R&D investments are made in cleantech.
- Cleantech is a new possibility for Finland – the forest industry and ICT field offer a solid foundation for Finnish success.
Documents and background information