Web event on Helsinki Energy Challenge, 20 Aug 2020
20th August 20
What is needed to re-create the urban heating system? It’s a million Euro question! If you want to grab it, we are organising a web event with Helsinki City to support willing participants to the Helsinki Energy Challenge to team up and to create high-impact, winning proposals.
The event is to discuss different aspects that needs to be considered when innovating future heating solutions: What does it take to create future-proof & feasible solution – is technology enough? Why to partner up, why to think differently?
The event consists of short info on the challenge, a panel discussion with experts on what is needed to create the novel solutions that can re-create the urban heating system.
An opportunity to look for partners at the event
There is also an opportunity to look for partners at a Helsinki City and Solved web event in August. Set a reminder to your calendars: August 20th 16.00 EECT. The event is about teaming up and creating high impact solutions to the Challenge.
The first 8 valid requests for slots will get to pitch their idea and boost their partner search.
- Present your idea on Helsinki Energy Challenge Collaboration Platform https://hec.solved.fi. This will enable you to start the teaming up already before the August event.
- Or send an email to [email protected] with the outline of your idea or need for partners.
- If accepted, we will let you know as soon as we have reviewed your request, but we will notify those who get the slot latest by August 14th. We might ask a few questions on your idea or presentation beforehand and ask you to start teaming up with others on the collaboration platform before the event.
- Solved experts will support you in making the pitch
- Pitch your idea to other interested parties on August 20th
- Continue teaming up and developing your proposal on Solved platform or in other media
- Leave your proposal to the challenge on https://applychallenge.hel.fi/en/login
What is needed to re-create the urban heating – for Helsinki and beyond
August 20th, 16.00 EEST. Invitation to follow in August.
Helsinki Energy Challenge is a global one-million-euro challenge competition to answer the question: How can we decarbonise the heating of Helsinki, using as little biomass as possible? More info: https://energychallenge.hel.fi/
Are you interested in participating in the Helsinki Energy Challenge, but need more team members? Welcome to the Collaboration Platform!
We believe great innovation is often the result of multidisciplinary collaboration and diverse teamwork. Therefore, while the Helsinki Energy Challenge competition is open to everyone across the world – startups, companies, research institutions, universities, individual experts, consortiums – in effect, anyone who can provide sustainable solutions to urban heating, we ask that applicants join the Challenge as a team.
The City of Helsinki has opened an online Collaboration Platform for the Helsinki Energy Challenge to support team formation and innovator networking. All new users to solved.fi platforms, please register to HEC Collaboration Platform https://hec.solved.fi/register
In case, you already have an account in some of the solved.fi platforms, please send a chat message or email a note to [email protected] and you will be automatically added to the HEC Collaboration Platform.
By joining Helsinki Energy Challenge Collaboration Platform, you will gain:
- Access to discussion area reserved for individuals and organizations that want to find a team or offer a position in a team. Post your advertisement and find the best talent and the winning team!
- Visibility to your company or organization and for the products, services and solutions you can provide to the Challenge.
- Access to a large network of other top experts (via Solved 6,000+ experts) that you can utilize for finding subcontractors or partners for consortiums.
Please note that this Collaboration Platform is used only for the communication among Helsinki Energy Challenge participants – not with the organizers of the Helsinki Energy Challenge. They should be contacted through the website of the competition: https://energychallenge.hel.fi/contact
For more information about how to use this Collaboration Platform, please see the information in the module Infos & Platform Updates: https://hec.solved.fi/activities/channels/list